Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Design Inspiration

I'm moving in about three weeks, and I'm pretty excited (and a tad stressed) about getting to choose a new, more "who I am right now"-type style for my new place.  I'm selling my old cream colored couch and loveseat and tired black recliner, and I think I'm going to go for a brown leather loveseat with some patterned armchairs.

I'm also obsessing about paint colors, curtains, bedspreads...the list goes on.  Ashleigh keeps reminding me that I don't have to have all these things when I move in, but I want to have a plan.

So I've been scouring design blogs and magazines for the past couple of weeks for inspiration, and I came across this house in Nashville (via Design Sponge), and I promptly swooned.  This is the closest thing I've found to my exact style, down to the brown leather couch and cat:








I'm not sure about the color in the dining room -- I love it in these pictures, but I'm thinking about going with a light coral since I have a lot of turquoise accent pieces.

I just love the simplicity and vintage feel of this design.

What do you guys think?  What's your style?

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Too cute! Design Sponge is a great blog. I'm also a big fan of Apartment Therapy. They have tons of great ideas.

I love the idea pics you have! I'm excited to see lots of pics as you decorate your new place. :)