Sunday, January 10, 2010

Book #2: Holly's Inbox

Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham

So I found this book at the used book store down the street from my apartment, and it just looked like a fun read. I wasn't expecting literary greatness, but I was pleasantly surprised at how funny it was, and how well written.

The book is made up entirely of emails from the inbox of the protagonist, Holly Denham (yep, same name as the author), chronicling four months of her job as a receptionist for a bank in London. I love all things British, so the tone of the novel sucked me in right away. It was a lot like reading Bridget Jones's Diary through emails.

I read it in a day, all 665 pages, so I think it's safe to say it was a pretty addictive story.

1 comments:

Dionne said...

How cool that it's all emails - what a different approach to writing. I gotta check this out!