Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I eats me spinach.

So I'm feeling better this afternoon.

I had a good pep talk from my little sister, Holly Jo, last night after I blogged. I left the conversation feeling like maybe it hadn't been such a bad interaction after all, and I'd probably over-analyzed everything (I'm sooo good at that). She's so great with pep talks. I'm lucky to have her around.

And then Ashleigh gave me a good sound "stop this stupidness!" slap through email this morning, which I definitely needed.

So. I've come to this conclusion - as Popeye would say, I yam what I yam. When I get nervous, I'm awkward. I make stupid jokes. I stutter a little. I blush. And if NPG can't deal with that, well...his loss.

Someday, some guy is going to be very awkwardly happy with me. There will be lots of courtesy laughs.

And he won't. Mind. One. Bit.

Song I'm digging today: "Cornflake Girl" by Tori Amos

This song pretty much sums up how I'm feeling today - sometimes I'm clumsy and I don't always say exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

But I'm ok with that.

Today.

Best line: "Never was a cornflake girl/Thought that was a good solution/Hangin' with the raisin girls..."

0 comments: