Thursday, July 1, 2010

Book #12: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson


Oh. My. Dad.


This book is unbelievable.

Every time I've gone into Barnes and Noble for the past three months, this book has been sitting on no less than four displays. Every time I got an email from Amazon.com, this was one of their recommendations for me. So I finally caved and picked up a copy.

I started reading it on Saturday, and literally couldn't put it down. I didn't turn the tv on all weekend. I read it while I cooked. I read it while I ate. I got annoyed that I had to actually go anywhere at all, because I just wanted to find out what happened next.

Yep. It's that good.

The whole time I was reading this edge-of-your-seat (or bed or lazy boy, if you're like me) thriller set in Sweden, I kept thinking "I hope there's a movie coming. Because this would be a great movie." So I checked Netflix, and there's already a Swedish version (which looks really good, actually - it's already in my queue), and a big-screen "American" version is set to be released in the next year or so starring Carey Mulligan ("An Education") and Daniel Craig ("James Bond"). Good casting calls, I think.

But now, part of me is worried that they'll change the fantastic movie I've created in my head. I'm attached to my imagined characters and scenery now.

I can't wait to read the next two books in the trilogy.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Okay, it has been staring at me too!!! Now I will get it. Now I'm EXCITED! Thanks for posting this!

Annie said...

I was finally ready to make the leap and read this the other day, but my library was out of copies. Now you've got me this close to blowing my budget and buying the thing. I mean, if it's that good... It's worth blowing my budget for, then, right?

Amanda said...

Annie - it's worth it. I mean, there are a few "adult" moments in the book, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under...20. But it sucks. You. In.