Thursday, May 7, 2009

So...

Yes.
I have been seduced.

By blogs.

I've held off on this for a while now because I've been sort of nervous about it - maybe I'm presumptuous to think that people actually care what I think about...anything. But I've been reading some really great blogs for a few months now, and they've finally gotten to me.
Every time I read them, they make me want to go hole up in a coffee shop somewhere with my cute little green laptop and write about social injustice, meaningful books, and quirky music - anything really deep and intellectual.

The truth is I spend more time curled up on my couch watching the latest DVRd episode of "The Biggest Loser" (and if Ron doesn't get kicked off this week, I'll eat my remote).

But I do love to write - I really love it, and I haven't written anything besides church newsletters for a long time.

So here I go. We'll see how it goes.

Song I'm digging today: "Foundations" by Kate Nash
So this song has grown on me. Her cockney accent is a little distracting at first, but by the time it hits the chorus I always find myself head-bobbing along with the music. And I like the frenzied feeling to it - this relationship is building to this cataclysmic fight about...nothing. Like a lot of the relationships I've been in.


0 comments: