Monday, July 21, 2014

Just five more minutes, ok?

Today starts a month-long experiment for my book (which, I promise - I haven't forgotten and I'm still working on!).  I won't go into all the details as to what it is, but let's just say it involves getting up at 5 AM every morning.  Even Saturdays. 

I'm equal parts excited and kind of dreading the next 30 days, mainly because I'm a notoriously awful sleeper.  If my cat sneezes, I immediately wake up searching for the serial killer who has intruded my bedroom.  I have the sort of dreams that are reminiscent of drug-induced blockbusters starring Bruce Willis.  They don't make much sense, but I usually come out of them feeling like I've been beaten heavily or spent the last five hours kicking the junk out of a German assassin.  I also get leg cramps like nobody's business (they've plagued me my whole life, banana before bed or no banana before bed). 

Getting in bed at a decent time is usually a struggle for me, too.  I typically feel my most creative at oh, 11:30 PM.  My mind just doesn't want to turn off.

So, all my peaceful sleepers - how do you do it?  I'm open to any tips that could send me into Lullaby Land more easily.

0 comments: