Monday, February 27, 2012

Washful Thinking

I've mentioned this before, but I truly detest the tiny bathroom in my apartment. Every other room in my one-bedroom abode is small, yes, but functional and cozy (well, I like to think they are, anyway).

But the bathroom? The bathroom sucks. There's barely enough room to turn around in it, much less keep the laundry organized - because yes, the washer and drier are both crammed into this Munchkin-sized space.

I love the sound of the washer and dryer (or is it "drier"? I'm never sure. We'll go with "dryer.") running. I don't know why - maybe it's the comforting swish-swish that reminds me of being a kid and being around my mom when she was doing household chores. Or maybe my parents put me on the dryer to lull me to sleep when I was a baby.

If I had the laundry room below, I think I might just camp out there all the time. It's so cheerful. And spacious.

I'm totally jealous.


picture found here

1 comments:

planktone said...

hello,

great to read you like the sound of your machines
can i ask your attention for my web-project
http://planktone.dyndns.org/WASHING/

grtz,

w.